We will only consider candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Full UK driving licence & access to vehicle at all times
- Previous experience as a coordinator in a home care environment
- Holds or willing to work towards NVQ / QCF level 3 in Adult Health and Social Care
- Ability to demonstrate a good working knowledge of care standards in domiciliary care
- Able to work under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- A good working knowledge of health & safety issues
- Resilient, with good interpersonal skills
- Must be flexible and able to work weekends
Your main responsibility will be coordinating support worker’s rotas, within your set geographical area, working closely with your areas Service Support Officers, whilst dealing with any safeguarding issues that may arise.
You will be liaising with the Starcare team, social workers and family of the service users on a daily basis, therefore excellent communication skills are required. You will be required to meet the demand for the care packages so must be able to multitask.
Our coordinators use software to organise rotas so the successful candidate must be IT literate, with the ability to learn new software quickly.
You will be working in a very busy office with great people, all very supportive and friendly, with a great team culture. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to progress their career to the next stage, in an environment where training and prospects are encouraged.
- Receive requests to provide home care service, and liaise with the referrer – social services, home care team or clients families – how services can be delivered most effectively to meet the clients needs.
- Ensure home visits to complete needs assessments and development of care plans are undertaken timely by field supervisors; ensuring all service users’ files are accurate and up-to-date
- Coordinate, plan and manage complex staff rotas, ensuring adequate staff cover. Ensure changes are reflected as soon as possible on the rota system.
- Provision of on-call service outside normal working hours and maintain a detailed log of all on-call activity. The on-call duty will be held in rotation by staff in the office
- Participate and supervise in activities of care coordinator administrators some of which include electronic monitoring and formulation of support plans.
- The monitoring and implementation of service standards for the company. Ensure detailed records and documentation are maintained of all activities as required by company standards.
- Maintain the rostering, holiday schedule, for the payroll and accounting staff, ensuring they are up-to-date from an administrative, operational and billing point of view. Implement as much automation as possible to the smooth running of the operations, including support workers availability to undertake shifts.
- Provide support also through timely provision of details of care and directions for travel to client homes, payslips and other information as required
- Identify team developmental and training needs and oversee the provision of training as required.
- Develop own skills and knowledge by attending supervision, training and meetings as required
- Ensure that work undertaken is conducted in a manner which is safe to staff and clients.
- Responsible for ensuring the provision of equal opportunities to all work colleagues, job applicants and for those for whom the team provide a service.
Skills & Abilities:
- Customer care
- Promotion of equal opportunities for clients & staff
- Administrative & organisational skills
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Strong PC skills